I absolutely love seafood and carbs. Hands down, they both rock my world. I was walking through South Melbourne Market and spotted some amazing looking Squid Ink Linguine from The Fresh Pasta Shop.
My mind started ticking, what would be perfect with this dish?
After some serious deliberation with my Husband we decided that chilli crab would go well with it, especially with a little heat from the chilli on these cold Melbourne nights.
We also picked up a yabbie, because I thought it would look good on the plate – I’d never actually tried yabbie.
Ingredients, serves 2
- 2 serves of Squid Ink Linguine, ours is from The Fresh Pasta Shop at South Melbourne Market
- 2 long red chilli
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Meat of 2 Blue Swimmer Crabs
- Grampians Olive Co Chilli Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dice onion, garlic and chilli separately
- Bring two pots of salted water to boil
- Place the crab and yabbie into boiling water, cook the yabbie for 10 minutes and the crab for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, place the crab and yabbie into an ice bath to stop the cooking process
- When the crab has cooled, pick the meat and discard shells
- Place Squid Ink Linguine in the second pot of water and cook for 7 minutes or until ‘al dente’
- Heat oil in a pan and saute off onion and garlic.
- Add chilli and the crab meat to the pan and mix well. Add additional Extra Virgin Olive to create a sauce
- Once the pasta is ready add to the sauce, zest a lemon and add chopped dill.
- Add some of the pasta pot liquid to the pan to help emulsify the sauce
- Plate to create height and use the yabbie to garnish.
What you will create will be sure to wow your guests, we served this dish on a light blue bowl which made the Linguine and the yabbie pop!
Anything else you would recommend for this dish?